21 January 2009

Help with Sizes please

Hi, I need some help please. I have a small business called Sugar Cubes, for girls who love ponies. I need help with the sizes, we have been going five years now and we’re definitely getting closer to the right size for the age, but it’s very difficult.

When I started I thought it would be easy, I bought things from big companies, M&S, C&A, BHS etc to follow the sizing, but they were so different it was obvious there wasn’t a right way to do it.

We buy in T’s and tops to print on, from manufacturer’s ready made collections, and we have to convert their neck label sizes  to the ages we found works. So our size L which fits an 11-12 year old is a ladies size 8.  This has an S in the back of the neck ( Small adult) but  is our size L, so it’s very confusing (confused already right!) when the customer orders an L and then gets an S.

We have found we are going bigger than the manufacturers recommended size in the label, but we only ever get things back because they are too small!

What I would like to do is start a SIZES campaign and get as many mum’s as possible to measure their daughters ages 2-16 years and send me the numbers. I want age, height, chest, waist and hips in cm or inches.

Let’s see if we can make some sense of it.

Thank you for your help.

Best wishes Hazel

 eg- Zoe 14 years, cm – height 169cm, chest 84, waist 68, hips 92 and email to 

sizes@sugar-cubes-ponies.com

No comments:

Post a Comment